from train set #55721) with #56560 sound effect circuit.
- This page shows installing #56560
sound effect circuit for V100(from train set #55721 VTG
- More detailed information(electric
circuit chart etc.) coming in future.
Tasks of the project:
- Install the sound
effect circuit for larger(than V36) space loco with more
good sound quality.
- Install must be
done without change of exterior, include cab
interior(=what you see must not change).
- No function must
be deleted(running character, telex, headlight control
- Stability for
daily operation and play with RC(radio controled)
- The #56560 circuit board installed
upper of c95 decoder.
- Place of c95 does not change.
- Cooling fan installed underside of
- Speaker set in place of steam
generator on real loco.
<#56560 sound effect circuit>
- #56560 sound
effect circuit put on a 'Z' profile metal fitting fixed
on the floor.
- Setting for pots
on c95 can be made by 'swing' #56560 with metal fitting.
- Motor outputs
picked up from PCB pattern on the way to motor.
- Motor and speaker
wiring has nylon connector for easy maintenance.
<Speaker / Acoustics>
- A Speaker changed
for 8 ohm 5cm small speaker.
- Black painted 2x
1.2mm(=2.4mm) thickness styrene plastic plate as a baffle
- Engine room acts
as an enclosure. Engine room and cab are dumped by
butyric rubber pad.
- A speaker tilted
not only for space problem but also for reduce reflection
from floor, roof and side wall of engine room.
- Opening for sound
on the roof of steam generator hood, shaved from back
side of steam boiler chamber. It took about five hours to
shave 1mm thickness(by Dremell mototool)!!
- For cooling the circuit, small fan
for PC's(18V-DC) installed under side of smoke stuck.
- The air draw in from bottom edge
of the engine room and get off from smoke stack.
- Insulation partition of air made
by styrene plastics.
- Aluminium inner sheet is stuck
- Insulating from radio wave
by RC equipments(when play with RC friends!)
- Heat radiation.
- Dump the resonance of
engine / horn sound.
- The effect of cooling fan can be
seen in here.
- All the tasks I enforced for
myself has achieved.
- Very good sound quality and large
volume has achieved.
- Steam boiler's grill got great
reality by making opening.
- This is my second sound
locomotive. Interference of two loco's sound is very
attractive. Especially when the locos are double headed.
Copyright © 2000 by Jun Maeda / KOBE JAPAN